As the world starts to slowly emerge from the Covid pandemic and with thoughts turning to global recovery and rebuilding economies, this year’s FIDIC annual Global Infrastructure Conference has a decidedly forward-looking theme. Building a better tomorrow, by investing today: Sustainable infrastructure development to improve community wellbeing will focus on how we engineer a sustainable future in a way that benefits communities worldwide.
The conference will bring together the world’s premier engineers and infrastructure stakeholders from across the globe. After two years of online conferences, this 2022 event will be held face-to-face and be an important international gathering for our industry.
FIDIC has invited a high-profile line up of leading speakers from a range of influential organisations including the World Economic Forum, African Development Bank, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, World Trade Organization, The World Bank, The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development, Geneva Airport, Siemens Energy, Mott MacDonald, AECOM, Pinsent Masons, Aurecon, WSP and many more to be confirmed over the coming weeks.
|Catherine Li||.||International Infrastructure Forum|
|Michael Earp||Architects & Engineers Practice Leader||AON|
|Mads Rasmussen||Associate Project and Market Director||COWI|
|Mark Pehlig||Board Member||FIDIC|
|Estelle Monod||Building Segments President, Senior VP Digital Energy Strategy||Schneider Electric|
|Tony Scott||CEO||NeuralRays AI|
|André Schneider||CEO||Genève Aéroport|
|Malani Padayachee-Saman||CEO||MPAMOT (PTY) LTD|
|Liv Kari Skudal Hansteen||CEO||Rådgivende Ingeniørers Forening (RIF)|
|Adam Bialachowski||CEO||B-Act Quantum Vinatage|
|Chris Campbell||CEO||Consulting Engineers South Africa|
|Marloes Fischer||CEO and Founder||Madaster Switzerland|
|James Mwangi||CEO/Board Member FIDIC||Kurrent Technologies|
|Richard Robinson||CEO, UK & Europe||SNC Lavalin|
|Roberto Hernandez-Garcia||Certified Adjudicator||COMAD|
|Ignas Degutis||CFO and Board Member||RB Rail AS (Rail Baltica)|
|W. Arthur Barrett||Chair||American Council of Engineering Companies|
|Greg Clark CBE||Chair||Connected Places Catapult (CPC)|
|Jerry (Jay) Wolverton||Chair Elect||American Council of Engineering Companies|
Some of the key issues to be discussed at the conference include: -
- The investment angle and the key role of investors and financiers.
- What do we mean by ‘sustainable solutions’ and how do we implement them?
- The role of consulting engineers in delivering sustainable solutions and the net zero agenda.
- How do we meet the UN Sustainable Development Goals and define common measurement criteria?
- Social and community value – reviewing the current landscape, including procurement trends and the government and client drivers for value.
- Why investing in a sustainable future starts now?
- Working together to build sustainable communities in a post-Covid world.
- How can we truly procure for value?
- Project risk and reward and getting the balance right.
- How to ‘de-risk’ investment and delivery
- The key trends and mega-issues facing society and what these mean for the industry.
- The role of the MDBs and international financial institutions.
- The role of state actors in a post-Covid world.
- The future of cities and the key role they play. (potential cities forum - C40 tie-in)
- Engineering in the ‘new normal’.
- How do we inspire the next generation, develop skills and nurture talent?
- What are the key sectors that will drive future development?
- Developing a global community focus – ensuring no one is left behind.
- Gaining industry recognition for our people and projects.
A certificate of attendance will be provided to each conference (12-13 September 2022) participant which may be used for CPD verification in your local region