FIDIC Global Infrastructure Conference 2023
As governments around the world identify investment in infrastructure as being key to rebuilding and revitalising their economies in the face of growing economic and political instability and the ever-present challenge of the climate crisis, the responsibility on engineering and construction professionals to deliver the goods has never been more sharply posed.
The 2023 FIDIC annual Global Infrastructure Conference taking place from 10-12 September in Singapore therefore takes place at an opportune moment for the international construction industry, as it prepares to plan, develop and deliver the strategies and solutions the world needs to deliver the infrastructure that will build economic and social prosperity and improve people’s lives.
The conference theme, Infrastructure – there’s no time to lose: Sustainable global (and local) strategies to build a better world, will stress the urgency of the need to invest in infrastructure in a sustainable way at a local and national level that brings stakeholders together around a common aim of improving the global environment that we all depend on.
As ever, FIDIC will assemble a high-profile line-up of leading expert speakers from a range of influential organisations to speak at the conference, which will also bring together the world’s premier engineers and other stakeholders from the global construction and infrastructure sector. Leading global speakers will address the key issues the industry faces and offer their insights to an international audience.
FIDIC’s flagship annual event will be one of the most important international gatherings for the industry held in 2023, with the conference expected to attract many hundreds of infrastructure, engineering and construction professionals from around the world to discuss and debate the key issues and drivers for the industry.
Some of the key issues to be discussed at the conference are likely to include:
- Why there is no time to lose and why the world needs urgent infrastructure investment.
- Making smarter investment decisions to make a difference.
- Getting investment right - building more but building better, ethical infrastructure.
- Persuading the politicians – getting our message across.
- How do we keep a lid on costs when global inflation is rising?
- Delivering social value that makes a difference.
- Clients and funders’ expectations of consultants in driving net zero in infrastructure.
- What does net zero infrastructure look like in road, rail, energy, buildings and telecommunications?
- How will climate change our design assumptions and approach to risk in design?
- How do we build resilience into existing infrastructure?
- Showcasing Singapore as sustainable country through their planning and delivery programme
- Focus on the Asia powerhouse.
- Decarbonising the developing world – how can construction professional make it happen?
- Sharing best practice on the road to net zero.
- Delivering greener energy.
- Going digital – how technology can help deliver smarter infrastructure at pace and economically.
- Delivering the global SDGs – a progress report.
- Building a diverse and inclusive industry – best practice and strategies that work.
ICC and the International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC) will hold their annual ICC-FIDIC Conference on International Construction Contracts and Dispute Resolution in Paris. The two-day event, which gathers the world’s leading construction practitioners, aims to provide participants with an update of the latest industry insights, trends and developments. It will also offer excellent potential for networking.
Who should attend?
Any practitioner involved in international construction contracts and disputes:
- engineers, contractors, in-house lawyers from construction companies
- construction lawyers, arbitrators
- mediators, experts, contract managers
- financial institutions and Government entities involved in procurement FIDIC
FIDIC Official International Contract Users' Conference and Awards
The Official FIDIC International Contract Users’ Conference and Awards takes place on 28-29 November 2023 at the Tower Hotel in London. Following a successful 2022 event, the 2023 conference once again promises to be a must-attend event for all those working with FIDIC contracts.
The conference will offer delegates an invaluable update on FIDIC’s contract suite as well as discussing the latest developments in the international contracts arena, highlighting key and emerging issues and giving attendees the opportunity to meet and network with key global stakeholders from across the FIDIC contracts ecosystem.
Attendees at the conference will get the lowdown on the latest state of play with FIDIC contracts that are being planned or under development and will also hear from leading contractual and legal experts on current and emerging issues in the fast-changing world of global construction contracts. The event will also include a dispute avoidance and adjudication forum, which takes place on 27 November 2023.
As part of the overall two-day event programme, the unveiling of the winners of the FIDIC Contract Users’ Awards 2023 will also take place at a special gala dinner event on 28 November 2023. The awards recognise excellence in the use of FIDIC contract forms for project delivery and showcase examples of good practice through collaboration from across the world. The awards gala dinner is a brilliant networking opportunity for attendees at the conference and the wider industry and not to be missed.
If you currently use FIDIC contracts, are contemplating using them in the future or just want to find out more about why these market-leading contractual forms are so widely used and well regarded across the international construction industry, then make sure you book your place at the Official FIDIC International Contract Users’ Conference and Awards in London.
FIDIC’s 2023 webinar series
FIDIC has unveiled its 2023 webinar series, which include a series of must-attend events covering a wide range of topics of interest to global consulting engineering and construction professionals. The 2023 programme builds on the success of FIDIC’s previous webinar series in 2020, 2021 and 2022, which saw thousands of industry professionals from around the world attending its live webinar events.
The webinars in the 2023 programme have been organised in conjunction with FIDIC’s standing committees, councils or panels of experts, while others are launch events for FIDIC’s State of the World report series. The 2023 webinar series is a mainstay of FIDIC’s stakeholder outreach and engagement activity. All events are free to register, and attendees benefit from top-level knowledgeable panellists speaking on some of the key issues facing the industry today.