This webinar, organised by the FIDIC Business Practice Leadership Committee (BPLC) and sponsored by Bentley Systems, will look at the all-important area of procurement, exploring the latest developments and trends and looking at how procurement should evolve - and is indeed evolving - to deliver better and more sustainable infrastructure projects.
Against a background of challenging global events and a somewhat uncertain economic backdrop, procurement is often placed in the spotlight as governments, funders and clients seek to get more for less and deliver much-needed infrastructure development to boost their economies. This means increasing risks but also potential opportunities for those involved in delivering engineering and construction projects.
Speakers at the webinar will also highlight the point that procurement should take into account the value-added aspects of what consulting engineers offer and can bring to a project. This should incorporate a fair evaluation of quality, scope, pricing and an assessment of the integrity/ESG/social value background of the consulting engineering company to ensure that these important facets are considered in the procurement process.
Issues to be discussed at the webinar include the following:
- What are the latest developments in the industry?
- Issues around pricing, technical, sustainability, quality and qualifications.
- How do consultants ‘defend’ their position in a changing market?
- The different approaches around the world – what are the key trends?
- Role of key funders and clients.
- Legal frameworks.
- ESG, social value and sustainability impact.
- Role of FIDIC contracts in influencing good procurement.
Reserve your place below for FIDIC’s Where is procurement going? webinar.
Manuel Pérez Sierra, Spain - WSP and BPLC
Ines Ferguson, Spain - TYPSA
Denis Rizaov, Macedonia - Granit Construction
Zanda Zarina, Latvia - Jurisconsultus
Dilek Macit, United Kingdom - International Procurement Advisor