As governments around the world identify investment in infrastructure as being key to rebuilding and revitalising their economies in the face of growing economic and political instability and the ever-present challenge of the climate crisis, the responsibility on engineering and construction professionals to deliver the goods has never been more sharply posed.
The 2023 FIDIC annual Global Infrastructure Conference taking place from 10-12 September in Singapore is taking place at an opportune and pivotal moment for the international construction industry, as it prepares to plan, develop and deliver the strategies and solutions the world needs to deliver the infrastructure that will build economic and social prosperity and improve people’s lives.
The conference theme, Infrastructure – there’s no time to lose: Sustainable global (and local) strategies to build a better world, will stress the urgency of the need to invest in infrastructure in a sustainable way at a local and national level that brings stakeholders together around a common aim of improving the global environment that we all depend on.
As ever, FIDIC will assemble a high-profile line-up of leading expert speakers from a range of influential organisations to speak at the conference, which will also bring together the world’s premier engineers and other stakeholders from the global construction and infrastructure sector. Leading global speakers will address the key issues the industry faces and offer their insights to an international audience.
FIDIC’s flagship annual event will be one of the most important international gatherings for the industry held in 2023, with the conference expected to attract many hundreds of infrastructure, engineering and construction professionals from around the world to discuss and debate the key issues and drivers for the industry.
Some of the key issues to be discussed at the conference include:
- Why there is no time to lose and why the world needs urgent infrastructure investment.
- Making smarter investment decisions to make a difference.
- Getting investment right - building more but building better, ethical infrastructure.
- Persuading the politicians – getting our message across.
- How do we keep a lid on costs when global inflation is rising?
- Delivering social value that makes a difference.
- Clients and funders’ expectations of consultants in driving net zero in infrastructure.
- What does net zero infrastructure look like in road, rail, energy, buildings and telecommunications?
- How will climate change our design assumptions and approach to risk in design?
- How do we build resilience into existing infrastructure?
- Showcasing Singapore as sustainable country through their planning and delivery programme
- Focus on the Asia powerhouse.
- Decarbonising the developing world – how can construction professional make it happen?
- Sharing best practice on the road to net zero.
- Delivering greener energy.
- Going digital – how technology can help deliver smarter infrastructure at pace and economically.
- Delivering the global SDGs – a progress report.
Attendees at the FIDIC Global Infrastructure Conference 2023 will also have the opportunity of networking with decision makers from consulting engineering firms, contractors, governments, civic society, international organisations and financial institutions. It’s the world’s stand-out international event for the infrastructure and built environment industry and FIDIC is looking to welcoming the global industry to Singapore in September 2023.
A certificate of attendance will be provided to each conference (11-12 September 2023) participant which may be used for CPD verification in your local region
Local supporting partners